A rough layout was marked on the floor of Sonia Louise. The Galley needing the most thought due to the physical size of the fridge/freezer we have gone for, and which now stood in the galley space. We always knew that our layout may need to be 'tweaked' to accommodate it. Good news for us was that David already had an alternative plan and talked us through this, it took me a little while to understand what this could look like, but with input from Paul the carpenter and his handy sketch it became our option. Shelves, cupboards, drawers, storage and display ideas were all discussed as well as housing ideas for the fridge/freezer and microwave.
Moving on through the boat the layout flowed well, the dinette, saloon, bathroom and bedroom didn't need any changes, so we could pay some attention to the practicalities of how the entertainment unit could look and what it needed to house (hmm not my forte either).
Electrical sockets next and Simon was quick to capture locations of these by drawing diagrams on the spray foam insulation, all sorts of cable runs were talked through, mains 230v, 24v, and so on.
A welcome break came and we took advantage of a quick pub lunch 5 minutes away, here we found the bad case of dandruff, we had both caught it, ooops, this is a really smart pub too! We had been leaning against the spray foam insulation and some of this covered our coats, still there is plenty left on the boat, a really thick application has been made, which should all be good for us come summer or winter.
|Thick spray foam insulation now applied.|
Back to the boat yard for switches and lighting positions, choices on ceiling light positions, wall lights, and LED strip lighting were all made as well as two and three way switching combinations, oh and lighting for the glass unit in the galley we are having.
Crikey I think we have our boat layout sorted!